The summer has started and with it the need to be ready for the beach, the party, the barbeque and the pool. A big part of being ready involves the SUMMER BODY. There is always that “itch” to look your best for the summer for which people storm gyms, start home workout programs, get into walking and running regimines and inhumane diets.
I too am feeling the need to scratch the itch and scratching I am. But i want to go beyond the summer and I know a lot of people feel the same. I want to make it a part of my life’s trek. Earlier this year I created my life’ goals (different from my bucket list) and one of the goals is to die fit so I’m using this “itch” to get me started.
I did my research and decided to work out from home using a range of workouts to be done daily. This is what it came down to after checking discussion boards, youtubing and listening to people’s experiences.
- Insanity Workouts – I decided to do insanity after doing test workouts with both insanity and P90X. P90X requires weights and other accessories and even though I have weights too much improvisation would have to be done and insanity requires none so that for me was a no-brainer.
- Walking – This I do only once a week and its usually leisurely walking but still works as i go walking up to 30 minutes to an hour each time. Nothing like a good walk where you can take some pics….
- Pushup/Pullups/Situps – I had 3 goals this yr to do a certain number of each. I have already hit the 200 situps goal which now I do everyday. The pushups have been hard and at this point I can do in the 30s off the bat and then finish with 20 each set after… my gaol is to do 100 without stopping. For pull-ups my goal is only 20 of which i have done 3 so far. Yes, three! Yeah i know but lifting 200 pounds on a 6ft 3 frame isn’t easy. Below are the workouts I use for all three… http://hundredpushups.com/ – PUSHUPS http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ – SITUPS http://www.twentyfivepullups.com/ – PULLUPS
- Free Weights – I use them every other day and alternate them with my pushups/pullups/situps workouts.
- Diet – Insanity says I shoudl eat 5 times a day so I haven’t changed my eating habits. Whether light or heavy I eat five times a day while trying to drink as much water as possible. I haven;t eaten KFC anytime this year but BK has its hooks in me. My cravings for those are REAL! I’ll tell you about that in another blog. If i lived in Kingston, I know Pizza Hut would see me often too. Use to drive to Kgn. Just for that but anyways….